Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Heading Home

I'm at the Tampa airport heading home for Friday's funeral hoping that sneezing guy isn't on my flight.  And how is it that every US airport has the same incredibly uncomfortable seats in the gate area?  We all should have bought stock in the company way back when.  The Tampa airport is pleasant so far, no lines in security, lots of (bad) seating, clean and free WiFi.  Even better, I got upgraded so I'll be in 1st class.  So far we're delayed 15 minutes, hopefully that will be it.   The plane is coming from Chicago, then turns around and goes back...baddabing.

Meanwhile,  the Navigator has learned to dump the waste tanks and make coffee, though not simultaneously.  She's staying with Chuck and the cats and a friend is coming down to spend the weekend with her, so all will be well...no, really, they'll be fine...whatcanhappen in 6 days???

Another nice feature of the Tampa airport is it's efficient cooling system.  It's hard to dress for leaving 80 degrees and arriving to 20 degrees.  There are only so many layers one can wear.  So once I got into the terminal I could add a layer lightening my carry on a bit.  I also have shoes on instead of my usual sandals.  My toes are unhappy, but since I'm heading home I didn't have to pack any clothes.

If all goes as planned, I'll be back to Chassahowitzka a week from today.    I'll keep yup posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment